Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Music, bbq and a birthday

I hope everyone had a good Christmas day. Mine was good. I got to see my grandchildren:









This is Angelique



This is Anthony



They came and visited for Christmas day. Anthony is 3 1/2 now and Angelique is 9 mos. Dang but their getting big quick. I made all the phone calls to family and that pretty much rounded out my Christmas day.

On Sunday I took fascat out to Buddy' Place in Austin for some music. Buddy's is one of those bars that is in plain sight but you don't notice it because it's in such a plain building. Brick painted an off white color with only a small sign advertising what is in the building. You get the feeling it's a hold over from when Austin wasn't such a big place and the bar has been there when 183/Burnet Rd was the outskirts of town. For a Sunday the regulars were out in force. I think it was because it was a memorial for Buddy Durnburger. Sorry, but I don't know who he was, perhaps the owner of Buddy's Place.

Roger Beck played with The Knights of Texas Swing. And of course fascat's boyfriend is one of the Knights, Paul Schlesinger:


















That's Paul with the hat on. We really enjoyed the show. They had a buffet set out for the memorial for Buddy and they had some good BBQ. I don't think it's a regular offering so don't go expecting to be fed. They serve wine and beer only, and I'm pretty sure it's mostly domestic and a few Mexican import beers.

I must say that it was a very good holiday. I'm on call for New Year's Eve so no parties or drinking but I will stay up until midnight and celebrate it anyway.

2 comments:

  1. The Grandkids (Grand niece/nephew) are adorable. You really can't celebrate Christmas properly if there aren't children around. And next time I'm in Texas, you're taking me to Buddy's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want to go to Buddy's? I don't even go to Buddy's. I think that was a one time deal. I still have to take you to Walburg though, that's good food and beer.

    ReplyDelete