Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fifth of July

Had a really good weekend for live music. My wife and I really enjoy listening to classic country music, you know, the old stuff. Hank Williams Sr., Bob Wills, Lefty Frizzell, you get the idea. We started off Friday night listening to a trio on the square in Georgetown. The group is made up of a group of guys from work called Hughey and The Guys.

The evening started out with a good breeze, but when the band started to play the breeze died out. They had a good crowd, I counted about 100 people. The band really had it tough, they played 2 hours straight with no breeze and were soaked when they finally finished. But they were real pros, never stopped playing and only stopped long enough to get a drink of water.


Saturday night our anniversary. Barbara and I celebrated our 10th year as husband and wife by going to the Walburg Restaurant and visiting with friends at their biergarten. We had a wonderful time. The band, The Walburg Boys, played a wonderful mix of German music and classic country music. Just what we love. This is a great place to go if you love German food, but Barbara and I like to eat from the grill in the biergarten. They have some of the best onion rings and hot wings. Paul Schlesinger (he's on the left in the photo) remembered that it was our anniversary and played a song just for us, "A Little Bit of Heaven". He says his based his performance on a version of the song done by Ronnie Dove. You can hear it on YouTube if you're so inclined.

Because of the drought they didn't
have fireworks this year,
but that didn't stop some people from shooting off some
fireworks in the back parking lot. I took advantage of the situation to try my luck at taking photographs of them. I haven't had the opportunity to do that since buying the camera. I got a couple of good shots, this one is my favorite.





All in all it was a good anniversary. I am truly fortunate to have Barbara in my life. I'm closing with one final photo, this one of the happy couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment