Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's been awhile

I guess the description for this blog was correct. Two weeks since my last post.

Where to start? It's been a worked filled time. Have done quite a bit of call outs. Being in crime scene, working in law enforcement, there is never a shortage of work. The heat makes parts of this job difficult. Putting on the latex gloves to dust for fingerprints. You have to really be careful when you do this as your hands tend to sweat profusely. Dripping sweat on the item you are trying to print is not a good thing. Another thing about dusting for fingerprints in the sun is that you get what I call a "CSI tan". Like a farmer's tan, but in addition to the upper arm being pale, the hands are pale also.

I spent last weekend, Saturday, at the Sheriff's Brown Santa Christmas in July 5K. A major fundraiser for our Brown Santa program. I helped with set up and then spent the rest of the day photographing the event. Took over 600 photos. I enjoy doing that type of thing.

Here's a photo of Santa, Lisa Birkman (County Commisioner) and Spike the Round Rock Express mascot.










The rest of the last two weeks have been taken up with work and home and family. Before I close I want to post a couple of random pictures. I was in downtown Austin and had my camera gear with me when I spotted some balloons floating by. I thought it would be a good photo op and started shooting a few photos. I just happened to catch them as they floated pass the daytime moon. I thought it made for a good picture. The first picture, with the blue sky is the original photo. The second photo with the dark sky is a filtered photo. I like it because it shows the detail of the moon much better.



One more quick note, Going to head to Threadgill's North tomorrow for the Bluegrass Brunch(11 a.m. - 1 p.m.). Going to see my good friends Rod Moag and Shirley Smith perform. They're going to be backed up by Fred on stand up bass and Wayne on the banjo. Rod also DJs my favorite show on KOOP. The Country, Swing and Rockabilly Jamboree. If you ever want to give a listen, his show is on Thursdays 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. at koop.org, and excellent public radio station. I'll take my camera tomorrow, so I should have some pics to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment