Saturday, September 12, 2009

Packing up and running away from home!

14 hours. That's how long I have to wait before I leave on my vacation. It can't get here soon enough. Leaving at 7 tomorrow morning and plan to be in Ft. Davis between 2 and 3 o'clock. It's a long drive but I'm looking forward to it. I remember the scenery from my last time going and it's pleasant. Yes, even the part along I-10 going west from Ozona on. Maybe some people would think it's boring because it's unchanging scenery. I enjoy it. It's a time to reflect and think, and is really peaceful. Plus I'll have some good tunes to listen to and some podcasts of CarTalk available for my listening pleasure.

I have a new program on my iPhone called motionx. I'm going to be using it to post to my facebook page. It's a GPS program and it tracks your route as you drive it. I'll probably post my trip every hour or so if I can remember and if I can do it safely. Don't want to drive off the side of the road just to post something. You can friend me on facebook, just search for czardastx and send a request. I'll approve it.

Now I have to think about packing and double and triple checking that I have everything I need. I said at the beginning of this post that I had 14 hours. I know me and I bet I leave earlier than that. I'm thinking I'll wake up at 4 am and hit the road at 5. I'll be too excited to be able to sleep and then if wake up at 4 to wait until 7. I don't particularly like to drive when it's dark, but the advantage is that I can do a lot of the driving while it's still cool. Driving a Ford Explorer, I'll take every bit of gas saving measures I can. I punched my start and finish into google maps and it wants me to go all the way south to San Antonio and pick up I-10 there. It's more miles but a little less time, about 40 minutes. I'm going Hwy 29 to Mason then to Junction and pick up I-10 there. Longer trip time wise, but about 70 miles shorter in distance.

Well, I'm ready to go. I have 95 percent of my stuff packed and in the Explorer. I hope I can get some sleep tonight. I hope the rain isn't too heavy. It's raining in this part of central TX now, and has been for the last 2 days. Well, next post will be from Fort Davis. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment