Friday, October 30, 2009

Is it because I'm busy or lazy?

I always think that I can be posting more often. I even installed an app on my iPhone to help make it easier to post here. It seems that I only think of posting an entry at the wrong times. Either I'm just getting ready for bed, or I'm at work or just at the grocery store. I always think "I need to post on my blog". It doesn't happen. I think sometimes, when I'm home, I get distracted by t.v., surfing the net, whatever. I don't know how people post blogs everyday. I have a hard time coming up with material for the infrequent posts I make. Like now for example, I can think of absolutely nothing to post about that would be interesting or captivating. If I were to post an entry about what I did today it would go something like this:

Got up this morning, got dressed and headed to work. At work today I spent some time this morning processing some items recovered from a stolen vehicle. I was attempting to develop latent fingerprints using black fingerprint powder. I processed about 50 items today with very little luck. It's not like CSI on t.v., no perfect latent prints, no pretty women in blouses exposing their over ample bosoms. Nope, you dust the crap outta stuff, wind up looking like you haven't showered your forearms for a week because they are covered with black powder. But let's get back to the day. I also did some comparisons today. Comparing known fingerprints to fingerprints that were recovered from crime scenes. This is one of my least favorite parts of the job. But then again I didn't ask to be moved into crime scene, I was happiest (and loved) being in the evidence room. If I ever quit my job it will be because I am so unhappy with where I'm at now. Not going to think about it right now because it just pisses me off. So anyway, after looking at fingerprints I wrote reports for the items I processed earlier.

That, in a nutshell, is my day so far today. The highlight of the next hour and 45 minutes will be break time at 3:30. Since I don't smoke any longer I have started having a healthy snack. Once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Lately the snack has been apples. Fuji apples. In my opinion those are the best type of apple to eat. I just really like the taste of them. In addition to apples I have mixed in other fruit and some veggies too. I'm just trying to eat healthier and lose some of the lingering fat on my mid section. It's frustrating, I can contract my abdominal muscles and feel a small 'six pack' but it's not visible because of that little bit of fat that just doesn't want to go away. So I'll keep eating healthy snacks, watching that I don't stray at home and hope that eventually it will go away one day. Oh, and I do exercise, 5 times a week for 30 minutes. I alternate what type of exercise I do between core, legs, upper body and cardio. That's how I'm getting the 'six pack'. I just have to stick with it, that's all.

Look at that, it's 3:30. Going to wrap this up so I can have my apple. Have a good weekend, and take care until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment