Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday, fathers day.

I got calls from my son, daughter and daughter in law. The daughter in law call was a pleasant surprise.

I really didn't do much today. Barbara went in to work and when she came back she had one of my most favorite meals. Fried chicken. Even though I spent 3 years working at a Golden Chick (formally Golden Friend Chicken), I still love fried chicken. A leg, a breast and a couple of Jalapenos and I'm good to go.

I said yesterday I'd post about Walburg. We got there at our regular time, 6:00 p.m. in order to get or regular spot. Dinner was good, I had hot wings and onion rings. Barbara had a cheeseburger and fries. The beer was cold. I stuck with my favorite, Paulaner Hefe Weizen. Jeni and Terran were working the beer window. Two of the best beer slingers I know. I'm going to have to get brave and ask them to pose for a pic one of these days so I can post it.

The Walburg Boys played. Paul (fiddle and electric mandolin, vocals), Ronnie (accordian and vocals / yodel), Scott (bass guitar), Casey (lead accoustic guitar) and Ronnie jr. (drums). They were in fine form and even played a couple of songs I haven't heard before. Can't tell you the name because the songs were in German.

We only stayed until 10:30. We were both tired and ready to get home to sleep.

All in all, last night and today were perfect. I really enjoyed spending the time with Barbara.

No comments:

Post a Comment