Thursday, June 25, 2009

Two-fer post

Too busy to post yesterday. I had to make two trips out of the office. One was a trip to a lab and the other trip was for a call out. Also had a lot of phone calls and emails that I had to get caught up on. It was a very busy day at work Wednesday.

After work I do what I always do on Wednesday evening. Supper with Dad.




















This is Dad taking a smoke break after supper. This is something I've done with Dad since he moved into the retirement community a year and a half ago. I enjoy spending time with him. They have some of the best cheeseburgers there. I also have breakfast on Saturdays with him and our good friend Marilyn. Marilyn lives in the same retirement center as Dad. After getting home from Dad's I was too tired to post, so I'm making up for it today.

I had a busy day today. I did some fingerprint comparisons. That's always hard on my eyes. Staring a fingerprints through a magnifying glass really strains my eyes. But it's always rewarding to get that match. I'm not at the point of being able to start from scratch. Right now I'm doing confirmations of matches made by my more experienced co-workers.

I also processed items for latent fingerprints. I think I did pretty well. Got quite a few usable prints developed. Now, crossing my fingers that they will match a viable suspect. That's always the bonus of doing fingerprint development. The drawback is that you can sometimes get black powder all over. But, as I like to tease my wife, getting the powder in my hair does help to hide the gray. With the heat the way it's been lately (100+) I appreciate being able to develop prints in the office. Being outside and wearing the latex gloves we wear when processing causes sweat to just pour out of your hands. I bet I lose 2 or 3 pounds every time I process in the heat. I've been lucky so far but I know the day is coming when I'll have to get out in it again.

Alright, that should get me caught up, get you caught up too. Time to watch my favorite re-run, Two and a Half Men.

No comments:

Post a Comment